Bad Side Of The Moon - Elton John Forum

Love is The Cure by Sir Elton John, nuovo libro scritto da Elton

« Older   Newer »
silvia80
view post Posted on 9/1/2012, 13:53     +1   -1

Elton John's first book to Hodder

Hodder & Stoughton has acquired music star Sir Elton John's first book, Love is The Cure: Ending the Global AIDS Epidemic, intending to publish in July 2012 to coincide with the 2012 XIX International AIDS Conference.
H&S and Little, Brown in the US bought world rights in the title from Robert Barnett at Williams & Connolly LLP, with H&S non-fiction editorial director Rowena Webb acquiring UK and Commonwealth rights. The proceeds of the book will go to the Elton John AIDS Foundation (EJAF).
The book is described as "the very personal story of Sir Elton's life during the AIDS epidemic, including his agony at seeing friend after friend perish needlessly. Through his stories of close encounters with people like Ryan White, Freddie Mercury, and many others, he will convey the personal toll AIDS has taken on his life—and his infinite determination to stop its spread." Hodder Audio will publish the audiobook, read by John, simultaneously.
John said: "This is a disease that must be cured not by a miraculous vaccine, but by changing hearts and minds, and through a collective effort to break down social barriers and to build bridges of compassion. Why are we not doing more? This is a question I have thought deeply about, and wish to answer—and to help change—by writing this book."
John's hits include "Tiny Dancer", "Daniel" and "Candle in the Wind". He has been
working to tackle AIDS for the past 20 years.

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/elton-jo...ook-hodder.html
www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16467787

view post Posted on 9/1/2012, 13:58     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:

Non sono ferrato sull'argomento libri. Si tratta della prima biografia ufficiale (parziale, a quanto si capisce riguardando solo la parte di vita spesa a combattere contro l'AIDS) di Elton?

view post Posted on 9/1/2012, 19:47     +1   -1

Group:

Direi di sì. E anche la prima autobiografia. E il primo libro scritto da Elton.

Web Contacts  Top
silvia80
view post Posted on 9/1/2012, 22:46     +1   -1

Chissà se verra tradotto visto l'importanza dell'argomento...ma purtroppo ne dubito fortemente :( Cmq, staremo a vedere cosa riuscirà a fare Elton...scrivere un libro non é facile, probabilmente avrà qualcuno che lo aiuterà nella stesura. E bravo Elton :)

view post Posted on 10/1/2012, 00:15     +1   -1

Group:

http://www.spinner.com/2012/01/09/elton-jo...reddie-mercury/

Elton John: AIDS Epidemic Book Will Feature Freddie Mercury

Elton John will pen a personal account of his life during the AIDS epidemic with proceeds going to the Elton John AIDS Foundation.

According to Reuters, 'LOVE IS THE CURE: Ending the Global AIDS Epidemic' will be published by Hodder & Stoughton and will be a "very personal story of Elton's life during the AIDS epidemic, including his agony at seeing friend after friend perish needlessly." An audio book version will also be released with John providing the voice for it.

The book, which will be published this July to coincide with the 2012 XIX International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C., will include his relationships with the late Queen singer Freddie Mercury who died from AIDS-related illness in 1991.

In a TV interview from a few years back, John recalled spending time with Mercury during his final days. "When he was sick, when he was dying, I used to go around and see him. I was one of the few people who did. I couldn't stay there very long, only about an hour at time, because I found it so painful, so traumatizing, to watch him. He was so brave," John recalled. "He was still spending money and buying things at auction right up to the moment he died, which I thought was hilarious and the kind of thing i probably would do. That Christmas, after he died, I got a present delivered to me."

John's book will also feature Ryan White, the American teenager John befriended after White was banned from school due to the illness. John was with the 18-year-old White when he died in 1990.

"I would gladly give my fame and fortune if only I could have one more conversation with you," the friend who changed my life as well as the lives of millions living with HIV," John wrote in a letter to White in 2010, commemorating the 20th anniversary of his death.

"This is a disease that must be cured not by a miraculous vaccine, but by changing hearts and minds, and through a collective effort to break down social barriers and to build bridges of compassion," the singer said regarding the book. "Why are we not doing more? This is a question I have thought deeply about, and wish to answer -- and to help change -- by writing this book."

John established his AIDS Foundation in the U.S. in 1992 and the following year in Britain. According to the charity's site, the U.S. and British charities have raised over $225 million to support projects in over 50 countries.

The singer -- who is nominated for an upcoming Academy Award for Best Original Song -- has a handful of South American dates next month before a string of dates in Las Vegas as part of his ongoing show the Million Dollar Piano at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 15/1/2012, 19:18     +1   -1

Group:

Ecco, per chi volesse, il link per ordinare il libro su Amazon.

Web Contacts  Top
silvia80
view post Posted on 21/5/2012, 20:57     +1   -1

Il libro sarà in vendita dal 17 luglio...lo comprerò sicuramente!

"Love Is the Cure: On Life, Loss, and the End of AIDS" will be released on July 17, 2012.

In the 1980s, Elton John saw friend after friend, loved one after loved one, perish needlessly from AIDS. In the midst of the plague, he befriended Ryan White, a young Indiana boy ostracized by his town and his school because of the HIV infection he had contracted from a blood transfusion. Ryan's inspiring life and devastating death led Elton to two realizations: His own life was a mess. And he had to do something to help stop the AIDS crisis.

Since then, Elton has dedicated himself to overcoming the plague and the stigma of AIDS. He has done this through the Elton John AIDS Foundation, which has raised and donated $275 million to date to fighting the disease worldwide. "Love Is The Cure" is Elton's personal account of his life during the AIDS epidemic, including stories of his close friendships with Ryan White, Freddie Mercury, Princess Diana, Elizabeth Taylor, and others, and the story of the Elton John AIDS Foundation. With powerful conviction and emotional force, Elton conveys the personal toll AIDS has taken on his life -- and his infinite determination to stop its spread.

Elton writes, "This is a disease that must be cured not by a miraculous vaccine, but by changing hearts and minds, and through a collective effort to break down social barriers and to build bridges of compassion. Why are we not doing more? This is a question I have thought deeply about, and wish to answer-and help to change-by writing this book."

Sales of "Love Is the Cure" benefit the Elton John AIDS Foundation.

Former President Bill Clinton said: "My friend Elton John has touched us all with his music and with the countless lives he has saved through his AIDS Foundation. Now he has given us a deeply personal story of struggle and perseverance in the fight against this terrible disease. Few people know more about Elton what it will take to end AIDS. His wonderful new book will convince you there's cause for hope--and inspire you to be part of the solution."

mansfield
view post Posted on 21/5/2012, 21:00     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (silvia80 @ 9/1/2012, 23:46) 
Chissà se verra tradotto visto l'importanza dell'argomento...ma purtroppo ne dubito fortemente :( Cmq, staremo a vedere cosa riuscirà a fare Elton...scrivere un libro non é facile, probabilmente avrà qualcuno che lo aiuterà nella stesura. E bravo Elton :)

Non trattandosi di una biografia vedo più possibilità di una eventuale traduzione e pubblicazione mondiale vista l'importanza dell'argomento.

view post Posted on 21/5/2012, 21:29     +1   -1

Group:

Potrebbe essere, ma magari in italiano lo pubblicano dopo tanto tempo, anche svariati mesi...

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 22/5/2012, 20:18     +1   -1

Group:

Copertina:

Attached Image: 413QfOGGrEL._SL500_AA300_

413QfOGGrEL._SL500_AA300_

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 23/5/2012, 11:23     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:

Lo prenderete? Secondo me se parla davvero della vita e dei pensieri di Elton durante periodi così importanti e tragici della sua vita potrebbe essere interessante. Anche se penso che l'aspetto artistico sia poco approfondito

silvia80
view post Posted on 23/5/2012, 13:36     +1   -1

Si, lo prenderó...anche xchè i ricavati vanno x una buona causa!

view post Posted on 23/5/2012, 13:59     +1   -1

Group:

Per qualche strano motivo il link per preordinarlo su Amazon è cambiato, quindi adesso è questo:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1444757...ASIN=1444757008

Ah, ho capito il motivo del cambio di link: la versione "vecchia" di Amazon riportava 256 pagine e l'editore era Little Brown and Company; adesso invece la "nuova" versione riporta 304 pagine e l'editore è Hodder & Stoughton.

Web Contacts  Top
Frà ~
view post Posted on 23/5/2012, 20:45     +1   -1

Quante speranze abbiamo di trovarlo sugli scaffali italiani? Opterò per Amazon anche io ...

silvia80
view post Posted on 15/7/2012, 17:59     +1   -1

"Love is the Cure" è state tradotto anche in ITALIANO!!!! Wow, speriamo sia tradotto bene!E' in prenotazione sul sito della FELTRINELLI, tra l'altro è anche nella Homepage del sito e sembra sarà disponibile da mercoledì 18/07: www.lafeltrinelli.it/products/97888.../Elton_John.htm

Su Amazon.it c'è anche l'edizione con 5cd (audiolibro) e file PDF con foto,letta dall'autore: www.amazon.it/Love-Is-Cure-Life-Los...2369835&sr=8-12
Al prossimo concerto partirà la missione "autografo con dedica" :D

Edited by silvia80 - 15/7/2012, 19:23

17 replies since 9/1/2012, 13:53   331 views