Bad Side Of The Moon - Elton John Forum

Sir Elton offers gig to teenager

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 21/2/2012, 18:38     +1   -1

Group:

http://music.uk.msn.com/news/sir-elton-off...-to-teenager-35

Sir Elton John shocked a teenage musician by calling her out of the blue and asking her to perform at one of his shows.

Tallia Storm, 13, who has a growing fanbase in Scotland and who has also appeared on catwalks at London Fashion Week, described the phone call from the pop legend as one of the most surreal experiences of her life.

She said: "I really didn't know what to say at first, but he was so excited about my music. He was just so nice, warm and totally down to earth. We spoke a few times and then he called my mum that night to explain what he had in mind."

Sir Elton asked Tallia to share the stage with him at his show in Falkirk on June 10, which will be his only Scottish show this year.

The concert will be held at the 9,200 capacity Falkirk Stadium, and Tallia will open the event before Sir Elton's two-hour set.

"I'm working really hard and rehearsing a lot to give it my all. That's the least I can do for one of my musical heroes!" Tallia said.

Sir Elton heard of Tallia through his partner David Furnish, who the young musician met on holiday.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 21/2/2012, 18:44     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:

Bella iniziativa

view post Posted on 21/3/2012, 15:16     +1   -1

Group:

Se capitasse a voi...? ;)

Web Contacts  Top
carlosicily93
view post Posted on 22/3/2012, 01:05     +1   -1

Probabilmente svenirei alla richesta di salire sul palco con lui... :)

view post Posted on 29/4/2012, 18:24     +1   -1

Group:

http://www.celebuzz.com/2012-04-11/celebuz...e-tallia-storm/

At only 13-years old, Miss Tallia Storm is making her mark on the music world. Discovered by the legendary Sir Elton John and partner David Furnish, Tallia is already being guided by one of the industry’s most influential artists. Celebuzz got the chance to sit down for a one-on-one with the talented star!

After getting a personal call from Sir Elton himself, she was asked to open up for his Scotland concert at The Falkirk Stadium coming up in June. Her R&B and jazz vibe showcase her deep and soulful signature voice that caught his attention. Sitting down with the young stylish singer we asked about her musical stardom, music influence’s and her unique and fashion forward style!

How did your music career start?

It kind of started by chance really, I’ve sung all my life. When I was younger, like 5, I wanted to be a pop star as you all do when you are younger. Ever since then, it kind of stuck with me. My dad is a jazz pianist and I was brought up with music all my life.

How did the opportunity to open up for Elton John come about?

At Christmas time, I was doing a breakfast one morning. David Furnish, Elton John’s partner, was having breakfast and I thought, this is the one shot, when are you ever going to be in the same room again? I was like, I have to do something! I went up to the room to get paper and an envelope, wrote a quick note and put my demo inside it. We went up to him and I didn’t expect anything from him, because of the amount of people who probably go up to him. The next day we were going through the San Francisco airport and my phone rings. We were going through security, believe it or not. It was just like, ‘oh this is Sir Elton John’ and I was like oh. I was trying to explain to him that we were going through security and the guys were like turn off your phone. I explained to him after we got through and then my phone died. [Later], I finally got to speak to him. He [said] I’ve let my whole band listen to your songs, I love your music you’ve got a brilliant signature and this brilliant soul especially from a 13-year-old — and I couldn’t believe it! We spoke to him and he’s like, would you like to sing with me when I’m in Scotland? So I’ve just been working really hard towards the gig and in Scotland and it’s just great and surreal.

How are you preparing for the show coming up?

I’m halfway through recording my debut album. I’ve done about 11 songs and I’ve got 16. I’m doing that and obviously rehearsing really hard because practice makes perfect. I’m worked hardest on that and just practice, practice, practice.

Has Elton given you and personal advice?

I haven’t met Elton, only his partner, but I feel as if I have because I have talked to him on the phone so much. He has always said to me not to rush, there is no rush. That you just go with it and take your time, there is no rush. Go with it and don’t give up because this is what I want to do. If it takes me one year, five years, 10 years, I’m going to stick with it. I just want to stick with it and see where it takes me at the moment because I’m still young I’ve got time, but fingers crossed.

Being that you are so young, what other things would you like to accomplish?

Singing really is my thing. I’d really like to write my own songs, and I think that really is my goal because at the moment I am just doing lyrics. I’ve just started piano because Elton said to take it up. I’m still working and I hope that one day I can be as great as him.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 29/4/2012, 19:21     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group:

Che fortuna questa tizia

mansfield
view post Posted on 30/4/2012, 14:15     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (agrasso @ 21/3/2012, 16:16) 
Se capitasse a voi...? ;)

gli proporrei di cantare insieme...Lady what's tomorrow... :D :D

view post Posted on 30/4/2012, 14:34     +1   -1

Group:

...ma lui ovviamente rifiuterebbe! :D

Web Contacts  Top
Frà ~
view post Posted on 30/4/2012, 19:36     +1   -1

Ottimo trampolino di lancio per questa bambina!

8 replies since 21/2/2012, 18:38   68 views